The winter swimming and hardening club “Jelgavas Roņi” is a public organization.
The goal is to popularize and develop winter swimming and tempering, as an active and healthy sport style, as well as to promote this for youth and increase interest in sports and healthy lifestyles.
The main events related to the organization of the open championship of Jelgava for winter swimming, during which the city residents and guests have the opportunity to get a visual pleasure, watching the competition of winter swimmers.
Each season from January to December, the club organizes the following competitions:
- (June) marathon “LIGO” swimming for 4 km to the end of Pils Island along the Lielupe River. (Water +16 … + 20 ° C) (Start from the yacht club at 12:00)
- (September) “Autumn Marathon” swimming for 4 km to the end of Pils Island along the Lielupe River. (Water +15 … + 10 ° C) (Start from the yacht club at 12:00)
- (November) Open Winter Swimming Championships “Jelgavas Roni Cup – IWSA World Cup 1st stage” (water +5 … + 2 ° C) (beginning at 12:00 in the water area of the channel of the island Pasta)
- (January) Every year on January 19 our club “Jelgavas Roņi” together with Jelgava Orthodox Church organizes “Kreschenje” dipping in the ice-hole (water +2 … -0 ° C)
The club “Jelgavas Roņi” in cooperation with Jelgavas PI “Sporta servisa centrs” plans to continue the development of various competitions and events in Jelgava.
«Jelgavas Roņi» winter swimming and hardening club began to gather together in 1990.
Official status – biedrība (Public Organization) «Jelgavas Roņi», have been received in 2006.
Office is located at: Kr.Barona str. 5-36, Jelgava, LV- 3001, Latvija
+371 63081254, 29242520, 20205215
place of the swimming (from 1 October till 30 April):
- “Jelgavas Jahtklubs” Pilssalas str.4, Jelgava, LV3001, Latvia.
Common swim at 12 a.m. every Saturday (map: JJK Lielupe MAP Google)
- Sporta komplekss “Mālzeme” Celtnieku iela 26, Āne, Cenu pagasts, Ozolnieku novads, Latvija, LV-3043
Common swim at 12 a.m. every Sunday Swim place: Lake MAP Google